If you are close to or are already living this new stage in your life, we want to share with you a list of foods for menopause, with them you can reduce the most common symptoms that you may suffer. This super useful information because it is important that you take care of your diet.
Menopause is the process by which a woman between the ages of 45 and 64 stops having her menstrual period for about a year.
The stage before your menstrual period finally disappears is known as perimenopause and is characterized by irregular increases and decreases in hormonal levels.
It is believed that this hormonal “roller coaster” and the body's need to readjust to constant changes are responsible for hot flashes, menstrual irregularities, breast pain, sleep disorders and variations in mood (irritability, depression), for them It is very important that you know which are the most recommended foods for menopause.
LIST OF FOODS FOR MENOPAUSE
1. To relieve hot flashes, it is advisable to consume foods rich in vitamin E such as almonds, wheat germ, peanut butter, raw spinach, corn oil or canola. Also consume foods rich in B complex such as rice, yogurt, milk, eggs, whole wheat bread, chicken, meat, beans.
2. Also avoid highly spicy foods, hot drinks, caffeine and alcohol, as they dilate blood vessels and cause hot flashes.
3. If you are under hormonal treatment and you have breast pain it is due to fluid retention; To do this, avoid salt and products high in sodium.
4. Natural diuretics such as unsweetened hibiscus water or an infusion of corn hair are very effective. Put them to the test!
5. Consume soy products such as milk, tofu, whole soybeans, sprouted and textured soybeans, as they contain isoflavones which act similar to estrogen and help reduce symptoms.
6. Include foods rich in calcium such as skim milk, yogurt, low-fat cheeses, sardines, charales, corn tortillas, broccoli, and almonds.
YOUR ATTITUDE IS VERY IMPORTANT AT THIS STAGE
- Stay optimistic
- Wear comfortable and light clothing
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in temperature
- Say goodbye to cigarettes and alcohol
- Exercise daily. It is not recommended to do it at night because it can alter your sleep
- Establish a relaxing routine before going to bed: light dinner, quiet music, take a hot bath, drink a relaxing infusion.
Share the foods for menopause with your best friends. They will surely appreciate having this information on hand.